Friday, May 30, 2008

Lots to tell!

I've recovered completely from those awful shots I received at my 4 month old check up and I have lots to tell you about my memorial day weekend!!!! So sit back and enjoy!
Saturday - We all loaded up and took our camper up to our new river lot so that it would be ready for this weekend! That trip was fun! I got to eat my applesauce outside like we were having a picnic! Then we came back home and I had a fun night playing with mommy and daddy until it was bedtime.

Sunday - At church we had a special service honoring all those men and women who have served for our country and also those men and women that had passed away and were instrumental in founding our church. While mommy and daddy went to big church, I played in the nursery with Mrs. Mason! She was able to give me lots of love and attention because I was the only baby there for her to look after. After church we went home and took our fun Sunday afternoon nap. When I woke up... it was time to go and start the birthday celebrations for my daddy. We started at Ottie and PawPaw's house. Before we got there, mommy and daddy stopped by Walmart and bought me a present. My very own Bumbo seat! I love my new chair and played and laughed at Uncle Red all night! I got very jealous when he wasn't paying any attention to me but all I had to do was scream and he would come right back!
Monday - We continued the birthday celebrations with MawMaw and PawPaw Williams at their boat. We carried the pontoon boat so that we could go ride around on lake Guntersville without PawPaw having to take his BIG boat out. I ha a blast on both boats! Tanner and Reid caught fish with my daddy. I can't wait until I can do that! I was totally exhausted after Monday's fun. I fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake up until the next morning when I heard mommy's voice saying we had to go to the Dr.! Yuk!!!!
Tuesday - It all started with a visit to Dr. Dan. He said I was growing into a big boy! I now weigh in at 15lbs. 5 oz. and am 27 in. long. He told mommy that I was developing just right and that he didn't see any problems. Then it was time for those stinky shots! I was a good boy... I only cried for just a second and then I was fine. Mommy's face told me that she was a lot worse off than I was. I tried to make her feel better by not crying long. She told me that it worked but she would rather take the shots than let me have them. We went home and got everything set up for daddy's birthday party. We had balloons, presents, cake, ice cream, and best of all ME! I got to sit in daddy's lap and help him with his presents. That was the best time ever! The rest of the night was kinda a blurrr.... I began running a fever from my shots and called it a night really early.
As you can see, I had a busy but wonderful weekend. Mommy took lots of pictures, and helped me make a collage of them all for you! I hope you enjoy them!

bye for now!
alex

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Too cute! My fav picture is the one of him in the life jacket, adorable! Thankfully Abbers never got fevers from her shots but I don't want to jinx myself b/c her next well check up is this Wednesday so I better watch what I say! Sounds like Chad had a great birthday...isn't it cute how now we love the presents but love even more seeing the kiddos open them for us? ;-)