Friday, February 22, 2008

Our First Month

It is hard to believe, but we have successfully made it through our first month as a family! We took Alex today for his 1month check up with Dr. Dan! Alex now weighs 9lbs. 7oz. and is 22" long. Dr. Dan said he was doing just great and that we were doing a fine job as parents :) Whoo Hoo!

Alex is such a wonderful little boy! He is a happy baby and loves his "talk time" with his mommy while he is eating and rocking in the glider rocker. However, nothing beats his "daddy time" when Daddy gets home from work. He loves to be tickled and kissed by the best dad in the world!

Some interesting tidbits about Alex are;
He sleeps 3-5 hours after each feeding at night :)
He lets us know he is about to be ready to eat by leaving us a surprise in his diaper about 30 min. before he wants his meal (he isn't shy about it either)!
He loves to sleep with his arms above his head or laid over his forhead (he gets that from his dad).
He LOVES his bouncy seat!
He only burps for his daddy, mommy has to beg for good burps!
Bathtime isn't one of his favorite things. We hope that changes :(
Snorts and grunts are common sounds that let us know he is very comfortable and happy.

We are loving every minute of being a family! Chad and I talk every day about how thankful we are to have been blessed with such a wonderful little boy. We look forward to the day when we can venture out and being making family trips/vacations! I'll do my best to keep you all updated, but remember if I fall behind it is because I'm busy making precious memories with the best family in the world! Nothing is more important than that!!!!

Talk to you soon!
Jana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I love being informed of all that is goin on with you, Chad and the baby. You looked great at the Teacher of the Year recognition program. This is a great time of your life. I love you! Sabara